Saturday, November 16, 2013

We Had The Time Of Our Lives!!!!

So basically Hen and I went on a trip of a lifetime!! An all expenses paid trip by my company to Kona, Hawaii to stay at the Four Seasons resort for 6 nights. And we did not waste any time while we were there! Here was our itinerary and we had a blast!!!

Friday, November 15- Flight from SLC to Oahu, Hawaii for a short layover, then a hopper to the Big Island of Hawaii.

-one item to note is that we were able to use points to upgrade our seats to 1st class on the way over and they were these lay flat seats that I had never encountered. And let me tell you, they were amazing!!! See photos below.

Checked in to the Hotel late that night, ordered room service and went to bed.

-Due to time zone difference I was up at 4am and couldn't sleep so I decided to take a walk around the resort to get a sense of where everything was. For those of you that know me, know that I had one sole agenda- "Go Beach, Go Beach!" After quite the twisting/ turning walk I eventually made it out to the ocean and found a very cushy lounge chair that I knew had my name on it. It had been too long since I had been to the beach. I laid there for probably an hour when it began to sprinkle. And I thought to myself, oh it will just be a light rain, I am good to stay a little longer. Well I was very wrong, torrential downpour was more like it and I walked back to our bungalow in the pouring down rain, making a few wrong turns along the way because it was still very dark and I walked into our room soaking wet with water dripping from my eyelashes, and Hen was like "what happened to you?" Needless to say I wouldn't have started our vacation out any other way! It was wonderful!

Saturday, November 16- While my day really started with my trot in the rain, this is how we spent the rest of our day.
Amazing company breakfast outside by the ocean
Massages at the Spa
Volleyball Tourney with the company, neither of our teams won, but we had a blast playing!
Luau at night! It was great, I always love the fire dancers!

Sunday, November 17- Up at the crack of dawn, which wasn't hard due to the jet lag, and went deep sea fishing with our good friends Sarah and Kerry Jackson. One funny thing that happened was Kerry was driving us to the marina in the rental car, he took a wrong turn on the way out of the resort property and we ended up driving in a big circle and ending back up at the entrance of the hotel. He was like "How did that happen". I guess you had to be there, but it was quite hysterical at the time. We did not catch anything but the boat was gorgeous!! We stopped at captains cove for some snorkeling and at least 100 dolphins showed up to swim with us. It was amazing! Afterwards the four of us went to Bubba Gump for lunch. It was a lot of fun. That night was a company poker tournament which was a blast. We even stayed for the "After party" high rollers game where Hen was able to relieve some of my high roller co workers of their traveling cash!

Monday, November 18-Up early again to go on a 3 hour ATV tour. Let me tell you this was amazing!!! We traveled with my coworker Rebekah and her husband. We had a blast. I had never driven an ATV before and I think I did really well. That evening at the Hotel we went and had dinner with some of my coworkers on the beach at an East Coast Lobster Bake. This is where we took our picture which would be our Christmas Card picture. We had so much fun this night, and made some wonderful memories.

Tuesday, November 19- Due to some noisy kids below our room, the Hotel moved us to a new room close to the pool with an amazing walk out shower. Also today was our first relaxing day by the pool. We had our own cabana and Hen ordered a Coconut Strawberry smoothie in a pineapple. Well I guess you only live once right?? That night we ventured out and went to the movies with Sarah and Kerry.

Wednesday, November 20- This was helicopter tour day! And it was amazing! Just wish I hadn't been sick as a dog for the majority of the flight! But other than that the views were incredible and I am so glad we went! That afternoon we went shopping in town where we bought gifts and found this beautiful photograph that is now hanging in my office. It was taken by a surfer inside of a wave.

Thursday, November 21- Our last day on the island was spent in a cabana on the beach getting foot massages by the amazing Rachel. We were so sad to leave, we truly had the time of our lives!!



No comments:

Post a Comment