Friday, January 24, 2020

Our new addition, Lucy

 So Hen's freemason brother, wife's cousin was looking to rehome a 4 month old Saint Bernard puppy named Lucy. Only catch was that she lived in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. First we attempted to just fly her by plane, but pictures revealed she didn't fit in the expensive crate I had overnighted to the owner. So my mom and I jumped on a plane, stayed the night in Oklahoma City on January 23rd, rented a car and picked up Lucy. It was love at first sight. My mom and I then drove the 18 hours home to Salt Lake with her. In retrospect even though she probably could have traveled in that crate, I was glad to have had the time to bond with her before she met her new brothers. And was grateful for the time I got to spend with my mom. We were also blessed with clear roads, which is crazy to think about with it being in January. We encountered alot of wind in Wyoming, but never snow. And we stayed at hometown suite hotels, where we also had a first floor room. Lucy become a professional hotel stayer real quick, and was so funny as she would prance up to the automatic doors to open and close for her.


This was a picture her previous owner sent me before we picked her up. She started out at a breeder, then was bought by a family who found out they were moving to Alaska, and so gave her to this family that were friends of theirs. So we are her 4th family, and forever home. To date she is the most expensive, "Free Dog" we have ever had. She is lucky she is so cute!
Lucy was living in Oklahoma City with the below bloodhound named Bacon. Since we already had our hands full with Oscar, we couldn't think about taking on another hound. I am sure that is why Lucy and Oscar get along so well. I am sure he reminds her of Bacon.

Pictures of Lucy's Mom and Dad




Riding in the Car home to Salt Lake




Having fun at a dog park in Denver! Weather was a beautiful 55 degrees!! She was basically a celebrity today. Met probably 50 dogs and as many people!



Staying in hotels. She did so well! She didn't chew anything and never even peed in one. Granted she was wearing puppy diapers and I took her out every two hours. What I didn't know was that she actually had a UTI at the time, poor thing.


One of our stops was in Hays Kansas and I got to catch up with my old Roomie from college. It was so fun to see her!


No comments:

Post a Comment