Monday, May 2, 2016

London Adventures


Today I flew solo as I sent Henry and his buddy off on their own to be boys. Which was a bit freeing I must say... sorry honey, you know I love ya!

Just got back from a river cruise to Greenwich which didn't occur to me until the tour guide pointed out that is where time is based off of...and a guided tour of Westminster Abbey! So incredible. There aren't words.... And I took one picture from inside before I learned that it wasn't allowed... Ooops... And of course I would find a Saint Bernard across from the clock tower well just because... and then you really can't be a true tourist without one of these fun hats!!


River Cruise Photos

Tower Bridge (not called London Bridge I was told by every tour guide in London)




Shakespeare Globe Theatre



Tower of London

In Greenwich





After the river cruise and while walking over to Westminster Abbey I came across this beautiful saint bernard! Of course I would find one!



Westminster Abbey! I went on a 2 1/2 hour guided tour that took me to places in the Abbey that those on the self guided tour with the audio headset were not allowed to go. It was incredible!!! If you ever take a tour pay the extra 5 pounds and go on the guided tour! So worth it!




I took this photo inside the Abbey before I learned you are not allowed to take photos in there.. But it was sure gorgeous!



As icing on the cake I went and saw Wicked which was utterly incredible! And rode in the famous black taxis too and from the theater.



And of course I had to pick up a souvenir along the way!






No comments:

Post a Comment