Thursday, November 17, 2016

Day 1-Saturday, November 12

Hen and I took one of the convertible rental cars and headed out to go snuba diving at the cove of the captain cooks monument.

Now I had picked this company because I knew they had snuba diving available. They were the only ones on the island with a certified instructor. And I had snuba dived two other times, but Hen hadn't before so this was his first experience. Out of about 60 other snorkelers on the boat we were the only ones smart enough to take advantage of this opportunity. So you may saying, does she mean "scuba" diving, and to that question I would say no. Snuba is the combination of scuba and snorkeling. You have a snorkel mask, but you also have a mouthpiece connected to an oxygen tank. The oxygen tank, instead of being strapped to you back like in scuba, sits on a raft on the waters surface and the hose connects down to your mouthpiece. This allows you to go down about 15-20 feet and stay down there for 30-45 minutes. It was incredible! The marine life we saw that lived in the coral was so vibrant and the variety of fish were endless. I think I have made a fan out of Hen of the snuba diving. We will definitely go again if the opportunity presents itself. On the way back to the dock lots of spinner dolphins showed up and put on a show!







No comments:

Post a Comment