Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Day 2-Sunday, November 13

A sacrament meeting, we won't soon forget. 

Sunday we woke up planning to go to the Kona ward that was by the temple at 11am. Our friends Sarah and Kerry called and invited us to go to the 9am Waimea ward with them instead. Kerry's mom has a time share at the Waikola up the street and that is the ward she always attends when she is in town, so that is why they wanted to go. So the four of us started the drive, about an hour, to the Waimea ward. When we got there we were pretty early and the Bishop of the ward met us in the foyer. He then proceeded to tell us that he would "love if we would do something for him." At which point, Henry and Kerry said, oh our Wives would Love to do whatever you need. Sarah and I agreed, thinking it will be like the opening/closing prayers. We were very wrong. He asked if we would give 2 minute talks about why we decided to attend church on vacation. Sarah and I were pretty surprised by the request, but were happy to oblige. So sacrament meeting starts and the four of us are sitting there singing ( with the greatest chorister of all time btw) and in walks two of our co workers and their wives. They sit down and don't even see us. I turned to Sarah and said, I wasn't nervous before, but now I am definitely nervous. I thought we were going to get to be anonymous....After the sacrament, the bishop announces that we will now here from Sis. Sarah Jackson and Sis. Kara Becker. Our co workers turn around looking for us in the audience and when they spot us their jaws drop to the floor. It was pretty comical. Sarah got up and bore one of the most beautiful testimonies I have ever heard. When I got up I shared that I attend church while on vacation because being at church makes me feel like home. The spirit and peace that I feel there brings such a comfort when we travel especially since the church is the same whereever you go. After the meeting our coworkers invited us to brunch at Merrimen's which is a famous restaurant in Waimea. It is also the reason they had chosen to come to the Waimea ward that morning. We all had a good laugh about  how interesting the circumstances were that we all ended up at the same ward at the same time. That night at the luau, this story had clearly made it's way around my coworkers and people were coming up to me and commenting how they wish they had to come to our ward to hear Sarah and I speak instead of going to the ward in Kona.


No comments:

Post a Comment