Thursday, May 30, 2019

Sisters Wedding Day!

We flew into Newport Beach late on Wednesday night with my sisters wedding being on Thursday. And Henry got this bright idea to rent an extremely expensive mercedes. Luckily because of his Delta discount it didn't cost any more than any other regular rental car, but I was sure nervous to even breath in it. It is such an expensive car in fact, that the rental car company does not even offer insurance. They call your personal insurance company to confirm you have enough insurance to rent it. Anyway Henry had a whole lot of fun driving it around California. I am happy to say I never had to drive it. 

So Thursday morning, we got up and go breakfast at Wilmas, it was a cute place, but I wouldn't say the food was over exciting. Then we walked up and down the main street on balboa island, getting some of the best taffy and beef jerky weha ve ever had. Then picked  my dad up from the hotel and went for a drive. In the car I offered him some taffy and he said he didn't eat candy. Which I thought was weird because I had seen him eat chocolate on many occasions, but didn't think more of it.  We ended up taking the ferry across to the other side of the island and drove around for a bit. When then found a pier we wanted to walk out to. There were alot of people fishing and it just felt good to have fresh ocean air in your face. Then we stopped for some pizza and returned on the fairy back over to the main land. The wedding was beautiful and perfect. And then we headed over to Tommy Bahamas for a scrumptious dinner. I got to sit next to CoCo at the table and hang out. After dinner we drove CoCo back in our fast rental car. I think she really liked it. The next day I went out to the pool in the afternoon. Somebody had let their dog poop right at the entrance of the pool where everyone was walking. Unbeknownst to me, my dad had stepped in it already in his bare feet. As I was walking, my Dad motioned for me to stop, but it didn't register in time and I stepped in the poop in my shoes as well. So gross! Then I went and sat down next to my dad at the pool. In my little pool bag I had stashed some of those yummy taffy's. As I sat at the pool talking with my Dad, every so often I would take one out, unwrap it and eat it. This went on for probably 30 min, before my dad said, Well aren't you going to offer me one of your taffy's from that magic bag??!!?? We started to laugh so hard. I said, you told me yesterday you didn't eat candy. He said that he had said the prior day that he didn't want candy right at that moment. So we had a really good laugh about it. I only had 2 left and shared one with him. But it is one of those memories I wanted to write down to remember. So this is definitely more for me than for you. For my dad's birthday a couple weeks later, I got him a whole bag of his own taffy.









Riding the Ferry to Balboa Island






The view from the pier on Balboa island


 Wedding Photos







No comments:

Post a Comment