Monday, March 14, 2022

Heaven got another Angel

On Monday, March 14th, I attended the funeral of an Angel who was called home. Forever she will be known to me as Willie's Mom. I am so grateful to have known her since I was 16. My how the years have flown by. She battled so many things in life and always did it with a smile. She was always an example to me of courage. There was no mountain she couldn't climb. She was such a wonderful friend to me and she will be missed. Her daughter told me at the viewing that when Willie died her Mom had said, it's just like he is going on a 2 year mission and I will see him soon. Well it's been barely over two years since Willie graduated this life. I am so grateful to the entire Cook family for their kindness, love, and support over the years!

Her funeral was so beautiful with over a hundred flower arrangements in the chapel. Beautiful words and memories spoken about her life and beautiful words sung. 

Link to Obituary

This picture was from her 70th birthday party when she had a drive thru birthday party because of covid. It was so fun to see her that day, but also bitter sweet, since it was the first time I had visited their house and Willie wasn't there. 




You will see on the program below that great picture of Karen and Willie. That is actually the back of the program. I was sitting in the chapel and had held my emotions pretty together up until that point, with the exception of a few tears that escaped when I had hugged Bill, and when I turned over to the back and saw that picture, I could no longer hold the tears back. I am sure their reunion was so wonderful!



At the end of her service the congregation sang In This Very Room. I don't think there was a dry eye to be had. What a beautiful Spirit was felt by all.


My sweet mom helped me order this beautiful standing arrangement for her service.




No comments:

Post a Comment