Thursday, November 24, 2022

Thanksgiving day snafu!!

 Thanksgiving day snafu!! 

Sent this text to a bunch of friends and family this morning. Later got a text from my sister Bree. “Why are you in a wheelchair?” I was like, what in the world is she talking about. Then I took a closer look. As I rode the shuttle bus to the airport it took everything to hold in my laughter of how ridiculous it was I sent that. As I received texts from family asking if I was ok? 

But I am grateful for this snafu. 

It is reminding me that 

1- I am so thankful I don’t need to use a wheelchair. Especially after multiple knee and ankle surgeries. I am grateful that these old legs still get me from point A to point B, even if it is at a slow, waddling, painful pace most days. 

2- I am grateful for wheelchairs that help so many people on a daily basis to get where they need to go and give a better quality of life than they otherwise would have.

And 3- grateful that there is an emoji that has a wheelchair to allow those who do need a wheelchair to get to personalize their Thanksgiving wishes.

Happy Thanksgiving!



No comments:

Post a Comment