Friday, December 14, 2007

The Airpoe...

Henry and I first met at the Salt Lake City airport. Now those of you who know me, will not be surprised by this story, because of course it didn't go as planned. The plan was to tell Henry to come outside after baggage claim where I would be waiting with my car. Instead, I decided to tell a little bit of a fib and go inside to the baggage claim area myself to check him out before he ever saw me. So I get there early and am waiting in the baggage claim area. Waiting, waiting, waiting. I get a call on my cell phone, it was Henry, I asked him where are you, I am running late and want to know which baggage claim you are at so that I know which terminal to drive to. As I continue to wait at the baggage claim area, I start to look at the numbers. It wasn't soon after that I realized I was in the wrong terminal all together!!!! So I have to run back to parking and move my car over to the other terminal, because I don't want him to know what a dork I am. So finally I make it over to the other terminal and try to be super sneaky, because I don't want him to see me first. Now I think I have been smooth, so much as going out of one door and walking down the length of the terminal to go into the door right behind his baggage claim, yes the correct one at this point. So I walk in, with butterflies in my stomach. I look around, I walk around the baggage claim area, no Henry, where the heck could he be? Finally after calling him on my cell phone there is an answer. I said "Where are you?". I will tell you but first, you should hear his side of the story.


No comments:

Post a Comment