Friday, December 14, 2007

The Airpoe...Henry's Version

So I am getting all excited to fly out and see this beautiful woman that I have talked to on the phone for every night for who knows how long. I have my bag packed, only to have my flight cancelled due to weather conditions. I fly out the next day on a Friday with a layover in Minneapolis. All I am thinking about is, man I hope she likes me. I finally get to Salt Lake, go down to baggage claim, wait for my bag, for what seems like an eternity. This beautiful woman, I have just flown 2400 miles to see, is supposedly on her way to pick me up. But in all actuality she was trying to be sneaky, but what she didn't know, is how I am always ten steps ahead of her. Because when she called to tell me she was running late, I could hear the airport noise in the background of her cell phone, so I knew she was in the building somewhere. So I am there waiting for my bags, I make my way around knowing she is somewhere close. So I search the baggage claim area because I have this intuition that she is hiding somewhere. This is the best part. I watched her come down the escalator, walk out one door (as she was trying to be sneaky) and walk back in the other door right behind my baggage claim area. So at this point I get a call on my cell phone and it's her. She doesn't know that I have spotted her long before, made my way around acting like I am looking for something. Eventually I see her lean up against a column. At this point I am walking on the other side of the baggage claim area opposite her and I tell her that I see her leaning up against the column. It was seconds later that she spotted me and I nonchalantly made my way in a big circle to meet her. The first thing I thought when we first met, how much more beautiful she was in person than her pictures on the computer. I finally get my bags, and we make our way to the car. Of course in all her hurrying she forgets where she has parked the car and it takes a minute to find it. Of course it is always nerve racking meeting someone in person after you have only spoken to them on the phone, but before getting in the car, before we knew it, our first kiss happened right then and there. The rest is history and I am sure you will hear of more stories to come. Oh and the reason this post is titled Airpoe, is a long running joke between us. It was something Kara said one time when she was speaking faster than her brain could keep up with, so the Airport will forever be known as the Airpoe.



No comments:

Post a Comment