Friday, December 14, 2007

Henry's first trip to Salt Lake in years...


During Henry's trip to Utah he fell in love with the following: Silver Fork Lodge up Big Cottonwood Canyon, Hires, and Temple Square. We bought a Christmas tree which has a story to go along with it, but you will have to ask Henry yourself for that one. I also took him to Park City and out to dinner to meet Luce (my sister), Derek (her boyfriend), and my Mom. I am sure my family thought I had lost my marbles, but I was growing more and more attached to him by the minute. We exchanged Christmas presents. Henry had gotten me jewelry from the Silver Shop in Avon, and I had made him a Giants quilt. One word to the wise, it is very painful to tie a quilt using 100% cotton, I would not recommend it to anyone!!!

Just a little background on Henry. So he was born in Salt Lake, UT at University Hospital, but only lived here for a year before his parents moved to Avon, CT. From there he moved to Virginia as a teenager and then back to CT in the summer of 2007. The only other trip Henry made to Salt Lake was during his stay at the MTC on his way to his Billings, Montana mission. And that was over five years ago. So I made it a point to show Henry some of the great things about Salt Lake.


No comments:

Post a Comment