Friday, September 10, 2021

20 Year Reunion

I attended my 20 year high school reunion last night. I never thought in a million years I would. It was up at Solitude Ski Resort. It turned out to be a fun night even if it was hard to remember people since our graduating class had like over 800 people in it. I would guess including plus ones we had about 150 people there. This was pretty much my Mount Everest of social events in my life for various reasons which include high levels of social phobias and anxieties that can become paralyzing. I was actually quite shocked that I didn't chicken out in the end (and I didn't dip into Charlies stash of Xanax for fireworks), and happy to know I can still do hard things. And in the end, I am glad I went and did have a good time. So I guess my advice is, things aren't as bad as we tell ourselves and leaving your comfort zones once in a while can actually end up being fun! My detailed journal entry of this day can be found on my sister blog https://aggiebeartemple.blogspot.com/2021/09/philippians-413.html









No comments:

Post a Comment