Thursday, September 9, 2021

Bear Lake Day with Mom

 Every year my mom and I try to "sneak" away to bear lake for a day after labor day when the kids are back in school. This year we definitely weren't "sneaking" anywhere. She had to coordinate with my sisters and I had to board the dogs, but we were off running by 9am to head to the lake. It was a beautiful sunny day that was supposed to be in the 90's. The only problem was Bear Lake was freezing! We only lasted maybe an hour or so in the water, if that. Our buns were literally frozen. Like if I had seen a piece of ice floating past me I wouldn't have been surprised. We grabbed a raspberry shake on our way out of town at La Beau's. I have had many over the years, but this was hands down the best one ever. Then we also stopped at Maddox's for dinner when we hit Brigham City. Then we went back to my house to sit in the hottub to thaw out. It ended up being a really nice relaxing fun day just spending time with my mom. I am so grateful for these moments we get to share every now and then. They are truly priceless!



No comments:

Post a Comment