Wednesday, September 15, 2021

There is a first for everything...

I must be crazy… I picked up a hitchhiker tonight. Shh… don’t tell Hen or my mom, they would probably kill me… I passed him twice and I just felt like it was ok. (At 10:15pm none the less…)After finding out where he needed to go, I said “you aren’t going to do anything weird right?” He was like “no.” 

What was I thinking? that he would actually admit that he was going to do something weird?!? Ended up being an 18 year old kid that just moved here from Arkansas. Picked him up by our old house and took him to a house in north salt lake behind Lees. He seemed so tired. 

He had been in Clearfield helping his stepmom. This is one of those “don’t try at home folks stories, or do as I say, not as I do” especially you girls when you are alone, but maybe I have no fear, or just decided to trust my guardian angels tonight…. But everything turned out to be ok and I can’t imagine how tired he would have been if he had to walk that whole way. 

Sometimes we just have to follow our promptings and have a little faith. I said to him sorry about the whole “don’t do anything weird comment”. He said “it’s ok, I get it.” I said to him “I have decided to trust that there are more good people than bad in this world, despite what the news wants us to believe.” He said “ya.”.



No comments:

Post a Comment